Saturday, April 14, 2012

Emotional Break Up

It's not me, it's you.

I've become infected. In fact, I think I've been a victim for quite some time, but it's only now that the symptoms are so severe that I've noticed. The signs are plastered all over Facebook and in guild chat. It's beyond ridiculous; it's time for an intervention. My emoticon addiction has got to go!

Happy! :D
Silly! :P
Dog died! T_T
Mischievous! >:3
I'm right and you're wrong! ;)

It's beyond stupid. Now we even have crying faces whose tears defy gravity... :'(

My personal vice is that damned silly face. It's practically at the end of every sentence I write now. It's like a self defence mechanism or something. Whoops, that comment was a bit too close to home and may be crossing some boundaries. Time for a silly face! They'll never suspect that I actually think they're an idiot. [Insert mischievous face here]

Meanwhile, the books behind them weep.

Since I seem to be wholly embracing this "Cranky Old Nanna" persona I've got going, I'm going to run an experiment. I'm going to spend the next week refraining from any use of emoticons or their equally lazy cousins, "LOL" and "ROFL". It will be interesting to see if my communication improves... and if my snark gets me into any trouble!

Special thanks to BeĆ¢arthur helping me with the screenshot. I expect you to keep me in line!

No comments:

Post a Comment