Friday, April 13, 2012

Quitters Never Win

I'm beginning to feel like the only words I'm saying lately are, "I quit!". First it my Auction House addiction, then it was Guild Master, and now it's been uttered to my raid leader.

Or should that be the other way around?

You may have seen my Healer Aggro rant and figured that it was coming. You're right, but only partly. I still enjoy raiding, and it would be unfair -- and rather stupid -- for me to lay the blame at the healers' feet when it's not just them. Everyone has been swept up in this lethargy, this, "I've got Destroyer's End, progression is done." attitude that has a really bad effect on performance.

I think even the raid leaders are succumbing to it. On Wednesday I received a few tells wanting to know what the go was with raid because there was no event on the calender. Inner rage aside that people are still coming to me with these types of questions; I thought to myself that it was a very good question which could be asked about the groups direction as a whole.

After a chat with the raid leader about my hiatus from the team and the reasons for it, this beauty popped up on the forums.

Starting next week it will be H Morchokk then on to H Yoshaj and we will stay there until he is dead. when we kill him we will do Normal Zonozz and hagar for now, then on to Heroic Ultraxion.
If you find as a raid 1 member you don't want to do Heroics or dont have the time or patience then pls let the raid leader know so that you can be replaced.

Music to my ears! I totally have the time and patience to defeat some heroic mode bosses. I just sincerely hope that others feel the same, and that attitude and performance issues will finally be addressed. Hopefully it will be enough to re-kindle my love for raiding Dragon Soul.

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if there is a different approach we could take...

    It seems like we have some people who are happy to coast in both raid groups, people who are happy to farm normal ds. Then we have a group of raiders who are looking to take on the heroic challenges presented, and are being frustrated by a lack of desire by their team mates?

    Maybe we should mix the groups up?

    I know that there are at least a couple of people in group 2 who are dead keen for heroics only (even to the detriment of gear, we grind on heroic boss until its dead. Simple), and it seems like there are some people who are just happy to farm normal mode?

    Maybe RLs/GMs should look to see if groups need to be mixed up - the HAPPY TO FARM/FACEROLL NORMAL MODE AND GET GIVEN FEASTS/FLASKS BECAUSE IM POVO, and the "I want to bring my own consumables, flasks, and spend 300g of my own gold on repairs and grind until we kill something" group. And see where the numbers fall on either side of that divide?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like that idea a lot. On reflection, I think the biggest problem that idea faces is the possibility of people *saying* they want heroic progression but are not willing or capable of living up to the expectations. We need strong officers who will weed those people out.

      Speaking of, Cas has jumped on the forums and left a response indicating shit is about to get real. Should be some good changes on the way! Fingers crossed.

      Delete